Thursday 1 April 2010

Waseem Ahmed - Close-up of Branch

This is a close-up of the tree I photographed earlier in the blog. The original image (below) is completely different to this one and in contrast portrays how an image can be altered in order to connote and denote completely different meanings. When applied to mise-en-scene, this theory allows me to create visual elements that can be of ordinary nature but when colour composition is altered, I can create meanings and evoke emotions that I require from the audience. This image again is of nature, however through altering the composition of the image, I have in effect created an image of a dark nature, taking an image of colourful nature and turning it into a chilling image that could be from any mysterious or haunting setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment