Thursday 8 April 2010

Waseem Ahmed - Possessionless


Titles "Possessionless" this image is one I created in relation to my media product and portrays many visual ideas and notions which I have implemented into my product. The image is of possessions laying on a dirty and pebbled floor. I aimed to show the contrast between the objects and where they are, similar to Childs' image. The image itself intrigues the viewer and compels them to analyse it further. The objects are possessions of value, however, when put in a scene where they have no owner these possessions become worthless. A watch tells time to a person and glasses provide him with a clearer view, without which he is lost. Through the image of a watch the notion of time passing by is created. The glasses reflect the sky similar to Monet's "Water Lillies" provides the viewer with a view of the surroundings. I coupled polished possessions with dirt and stones to create a stark contrast and create a visual image that intrigues the viewer. In turn this image shows how visual imagery and composition is integral to create a setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment